Some of their best songs

 Their biggest magnum opus

Here are some of my favorite songs by them that in my opinion, are powerful and beautifully crafted. Sure they sing Korean, but that's what Google is for. One can easily look up English translations to get at least the gist  of what they are conveying.

1. Paradise

In this song, they talk about how it's okay to slow down and take a breath from the fierce competition that is the world, that life is more than a marathon, that it's not the end of the world for not having an established goal or dream to run towards to. I personally relate to this song a lot because of the expectations put on me by my family. Reading the lyrics while listening to their song tells me that it's alright to be taking a breath and not put so much pressure on myself.


2. Epiphany

Epiphany is a solo song sung by one of the BTS members, JIN. It's a beautiful song about self-acceptance, making it an anthem of self love. The "Epiphany" in the song is the powerful moment of realization, which correlates to the realization of loving one self and for once, accept themselves for who they are. I've struggled with loving myself for a long time-- even now I still do, but it's songs like these that encourages me to start loving myself for who I am because no one is perfect and that is completely okay.


3. TOMORROW

In 2014, during their rookie group era, they've produced a song that also talks about how it's alright to take a break from chasing a dream, but there's a twist; despite the breaks, never stop aiming for what you dream for because the hard work will pay off.


4. Zero o'clock

Zero o' clock is a song that delivers comfort for the everyday life and the hope that a better day will always come as the clock resets back zero; an implication of the day resetting for another better day.


5. Reflection

The music video for this particular song is interesting as it offers a double entrende. In the MV, RM is surrounded by a long hallway of mirrors, thus the reflection of himself in the mirror. However the song itself talks about reflecting the feelings of self-doubt/hatred and the placement of one's self in the world. The mirrors being the symbolism of self-reflection, RM questions his ability to believe in himself but he finally finds the salvation by the end of it.












Comments

  1. BTS has been always produce great song plus the fact their main focal point abt mental health make me respect them even more. I think thats how they personally attract so many fans bcz not many idol focus on the reality of the world where actually theres so many ppl struggling with the mental health... Also, the fact it relates and give u strength to go through your days prove my words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment